All right! A big THANK YOU to Lydia Lee for contributing to my musical advancement by donating her piano to a poor struggling musician such as myself. It is really very much appreciated.
* Cue in Applause *
Lydia by the way is my cousin on my mum's side. She's in the cheenafied NYGH ( and that's why I had to do her English essay for her... Haha ) but then again, I'm going to a cheenafied school soon as well so who am I to judge. Speaking of NYGH, this reminds me of an incident that happened to me in secondary school. It explains why I do not have a very good impression of NYGH as that incident scarred me for life.
I was in Sec 2 and I was travelling on a 151 to either KAP or Ee Jin's house and the bus was pretty full. I was lucky enough to get a seat along the aisle and was settling down for the journey through the 'atas' school belt. This 'atas belt is basically SJI, SCGS, NIE(then, now NUS Law), THE Chines High, Hwa Chong JC, NJC, NYGH and MGS in that order. That explains why I managed to "chiong" for a seat.
Anyway, as the bus stopped at the bus-stop opposite NYGH, this cute( to my untrained 14 yr old eye ) NYGH girl boarded the bus. By that time there were no seats left and she had no choice but to stand. To my initial delight, she chose(I'm using this word loosely here) to stand beside my seat. For the benefit of those who have been living under a rock, NYGH's uniform is a white sleeveless pinafore which on the right girl, can look complimenting. Its quite similar to SCGS's uniform. I couldn't believe my luck as I could check out this cute girl for my entire journey. I couldn't have been more wrong about my luck. To my horror, she raised her arm right beside me to hold on to the handles and she revealed a blossoming private garden( not to be confused with private's garden ) right in the direction of my face! I felt like gouging out my eye as I felt that it had been defiled by this grisly sight. The bible says that it is better to lose one's eye if it causes you to sin. Well, my eye was causing me to sin as I was cursing and swearing under my breath for a good 5 minutes. I mean, her bush was hairier than mine( at that time ) and it was really unsightly. This is not stubble we're talking about hear people... Its hair!!! After that momentous life changing experience, I never looked at an NYGH girl the same way again.
I hope that no boy will ever have to go through the torture my eyes went through. I know its not good to stereotype but the sight ( and smell ) of her bush will always remain etched in my memory. Its highly unlikely that you can ever forget what you see if you ever peer into the pit(t) of hell. I hope I've not offended anyone in this post. I'm just relating my experience.
P.S. I have nothing against St. Mag's girls but I absolutely hate and abhor their uniform!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment